I last updated this page two years ago and this was my first sentence: I’m a wife, mother, friend, and more. If you follow my blog you know much has changed. If you are visiting for the first time, I encourage you to read some of my older blogs. The Lord has weaved some things both in and out of my life, yet He has remained constant. At this writing, with a view towards authenticity, I am not a wife, I question my role as mother yet this cannot be taken from me, I am blessed with some exceptional friends who I love to the moon and back, and the world has yet to come up with a name for people when their sibling(s) die. I also have the world’s most amazing sister, and a twin at that. With that, please allow me to continue with my initial introduction.
I am also a patient in the medical community. I make a conscious decision to choose joy.. I choose joy because this is the best option. Because the other option. . . is not an option.
What I believe: I have decided to include a brief summary of my most core beliefs here. This is a synopsis, not fully encapsulating by any means, but I am nothing if I do not leave you with my most important treasure. It can be summed up well in the Apostles’ Creed, with all credit to Billy Graham.
I hope you will take time to open some or all of the links I have provided for the sake of space. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13
- The Word of God – It reveals the principles by which God judges us and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all my conduct and opinions should be tried.
- God – God is all powerful and all knowing. His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future. We owe Him our greatest love, obedience and reverence. The trinity reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- God the Father – is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, and all wise. Reasons I Worship God
- God the Son – Why believe in Jesus? See Do you Really believe in Jesus?
- God the Holy Spirit – Convicts me of my sin, righteousness and judgment. He enables me to understand Truth. He is my Comforter. He seals me until the day of redemption.
There is so much more I could say, and I could include so many Bible verses here. Instead I decided to post it this way, with hyperlinks included to a few articles. I would love to talk to you if you have questions or would like to discuss further. Most of all know that I love talking and engaging. I am not a product of any hate or finger-pointing. This is a welcoming place for all!
If you haven’t done so, you may be interested in visiting my The Joy Project. The link is listed on the home page of my blog if this is where you started. I post a lot of encouraging things throughout the week that are not in the blog.
Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog. I pray these words give you encouragement and hope in whatever circumstances you face today.