Mayo Clinic wrote an article on positive self-talk. **(See note below) If you had approached me about this a year ago, I would have tuned you out in the first 30 seconds. I’ve made some significant changes this past year and this is one area I want you to consider if you question it like I used to.
Speaking positively to yourself has several health benefits, such as:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
What are you saying to yourself today?
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. – Phil. 4:8
**(My original edition didn’t save the hyperlink to the article from Mayo Clinic. My apologies to them and to the reader. I always want full disclosure.)